Saturday, May 28, 2022

Greenwich
DSC01381edit

Took the train down to London and paid 3x the price of a normal ticket for a first class ticket, mainly because of my luggage. My luggage was considered oversized and wasn't going to fit in the luggage rack, and they don't have a check-in option, so it had to be parked at the wheelchair spot. 
20220510_125437edit
It was a direct train that took about 1hour 20mins, that included an awkward afternoon tea with a stranger. Could be better, HAHAHA.
20220510_140239edit
And then I hopped onto the most uncomfortable cab ride ever LOL because 1) No Aircon 2) No Ventilation

I have no one else to blame really, because I could have spoken up but I thought it's not that long of a ride so I'll just bear with it LOL. Who knew it would take one whole hour to get to the hotel because of the jam. 

I also used Uber for all my trips on my first day in London because I couldn't get an oyster card (I wanted a physical card), and the traffic in London was so bad that I got car sick. I am never car sick, well, except for that one time in Bangkok close to twenty years ago. I didn't even realise I was car sick right away; I only started to feel nausea and really unwell 10 minutes into every ride, and will feel well again once I'm out of the car. 

Basically there seems to be no roads but just streets, and also no highways like our ECP/PIE so imagine going from Pasir Ris to Jurong through small alleyways and streets, with traffic lights and people jaywalking everywhere.
20220510_160329edit
My favourite place!! No trip is complete without a visit to Greenwich. 
DSC01387edit

DSC01385edit
I didn't pay to enter this time round, so this is all I got:
DSC01384edit

DSC01389edit

DSC01391edit

20220510_163801edit

20220510_164422edit
The other downside to travelling alone (other than having no one to take photos of you readily) is not being able to eat alot of things. I had already planned on eating something else, so I didn't get to try anything at Greenwich market.
DSC01392edit
Crossrail Place Roof Garden. There's apparently a short story dispenser (a machine that will print you a story that takes only one, three or five minutes to read, you can pick the duration.) but I couldn't find it!!  
DSC01394edit
My favourite pancakes ever from The Breakfast Club!!!!! 我好想你~ Hope it won't be another 5 years till I get to eat you again...

No comments: