Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Shitty Friday
IMG_20210716_224046_628

It all started the night before when Misa told me she couldn't make it for dinner on Friday night, which left me scrambling to either look for someone that could make it for a 6PM dinner (rare), or lose my $50 deposit at Fat Prince.

There was no one else that could make it at 6PM, unsurprisingly, and the next best option was for me to head over first at 6PM, with Xinyu joining me at 630PM.

But of course, more shit had to happen-
20210716_174222
My shoe fell apart. (See my feeble attempt at stapling it back together LOL) 

In hindsight, I should have checked before wearing it out that morning. We all know that shoes are susceptible to crumbling if you haven't worn them in a long time. 

So anyway, it was either going barefoot (Xinyu did offer to bring me a pair of slippers), or head home for shoes. (That pair of heels was in an unsalvageable state with the flap completely off when I got to the ground floor of my office building, and was thrown in the bin right away.) It was 5:50PM.

I headed home anyway, and the earliest I could make it to Fat Prince was 650 in good traffic. I called Fat Prince again to see if would sympathise with me and either refund my deposit or extend my reservation, but they needed the table back at 730, regardless, and wasn't going to refund my deposit.

At that point I didn't really care about my deposit anymore, but Xinyu was adamant about not losing the $50 even if it meant going there for just a drink.

There was a massive jam, no surprise, and I got there at 715. We did manage to get some food, but overall it was a crappy experience (100% my bad). 

IMG-20210716-WA0010edit
Had drinks at Pan Pacific's Atrium Lounge after, which was absolutely shit as well LOL but we had 50% staff discount thanks to Xinyu, so I can't complain. 
20210716_210016edit
But really, their drinks are absolutely shit. I always order a Clover Club when I visit a new bar as a test but this one failed miserably. Pretty sure they used rum instead of gin. I think it should be called Joker's Club instead.
IMG_20210716_224421_569
Seeing Xinyu was the only good thing that happened that night!! 

Here's a random photo of my main social circle now, taken at 2AM on a work night.  
20210716_012438edit
Gone are the days where I could go clubbing on a Wednesday night, head home at 3AM, and feel fresh and ready at 7AM the next day at work.

Now I feel tired for days if I don't go to bed by 11.

No comments: