Saturday, July 03, 2021

"Hello, can we get the bill please?"
20210625_195348edit


Misa took me to Publico for my birthday (warning: it'll be a string of birthday dinner posts next) last Friday, and it's also the first time we've seen each other all year. She's a civil servant now and most of the dinner was spent asking what she can't do now with all that taxpayer's weight(scrutiny) on (over) her shoulder.
IMG-20210625-WA0004
The food at Publico was good, but the service was selectively questionable. Selective not on the sense of certain things were good and others were bad, but selective in terms of your skin colour. We were blatantly ignored by three different waiting staff, to the point where we had to call in to the restaurant to ask for our bill. 

And then we see expats around us getting frequent check-ins that we don't. Okay. 

20210625_213715
Went to Dopa Dopa for desserts. I've wanted to try Dopa Dopa for the longest time, and Misa bought us four different scoops of gelato to try- "DON'T WORRY ABOUT FINISHING THEM" 
IMG-20210625-WA0023 (1)
We tried Pistachio, Rocher, Kaya, and Lychee Oolong with Raspberry Bits.

The Lychee Oolong with Raspberry Bits was mindblowingly good. I can't even remember the last time I felt mindblown by food (my jaded palate is easy to satisfy but difficult to impress). Okay, I THINK, I think, the last time I had a mindblowing gelato was in Busselton, back in 2016. 
20160912_101038edit
THIS. I mean, this came to my mind so this must be it.

Anyway, that Lychee Oolong with Raspberry Bits has officially taken over the Busselton gelato spot in my heart. But I think this Lychee Oolong is a seasonal special...
20210625_224249
Saw the moon hanging between buildings on our way home.
IMG-20210625-WA0016edit
My best takeaway from uni isn't the education but the friends I made hahaha.

No comments: