Friday, June 17, 2022

welcome to my bakery
DSC02029edit

I wasn't expecting to receive anything at all, other than a cake from my sister and another cake from weiting, because they had told me beforehand. And then things started coming in right since 9AM and I was like WTHECK 

The first thing I received was this MASSIVE LOAF and assortment of other pastries from Misa! This came without any sender's note, but I figured right away that it should be from Misa since we both love bread.  
DSC02004edit
This is really the biggest loaf of bread I have ever seen in my life. IT'S INSANE. My mum suggested that I put a candle on the bread because it's bigger than all my other cakes HAHAHA.
DSC02129edit
A rich chocolate cake from Weiting 
DSC02010edit
Egg Tarts from Huiling, which was such a surprise because we haven't been in close contact since Covid!  
DSC02011edit
Tarts from Eleen! (AND I STILL HAVEN'T PASSED HER THE BABY QUILT WHICH I COMPLETED IN FEBRUARY, AND THE BABY IS OUT ALREADY.)
DSC02012edit
A very thoughtful birthday card from xinyu which made me roll my eyes because it's as if she's afraid no one knows I'm 30 years old LOL
DSC02013edit
And a cake from her too! I LOVE THIS CAKE SO MUCH, LOOK AT THE MINI ME WITH ANOTHER CAKE ON THE CAKE!!!! 
DSC02019edit

DSC02017edit

DSC02022edit
It's so cute!! And literally everyone knew it was me right away HAHAH MY SIGNATURE BANGS AND RED SCARF. 
DSC02180edit
The icing/cream was bubblegum flavoured, and the cake has a yam filling, which was perfectly sweet (or not sweet, should I say)! This was a big hit amongst my family. 

I didn't know that the cake was from Xinyu at first, because it came without a sender's note. But Xinyu drew this on the birthday card which I had received earlier in the day-
WhatsApp Image 2022-06-15 at 5.19.15 PM
And I guessed that they both were drawn based on the same photo- 
WhatsApp Image 2022-06-15 at 5.17.55 PM
So not only did she send me a card and a cake, but also a eureka moment HAHAH

(three fingers for thirty years old, in case you are wondering)
DSC02025edit
A zoo theme cake from my sister. Can't fault anyone for thinking this is a birthday party for a one year old, not a thirty year old LOL.
DSC02114edit
And bubble tea from Jamie, which I knew it must be from her because I have no other friends that like bbt as much as she does hahaha!

DSC02184edit
Piko with his amazing core strength!!

I was feeling quite apprehensive about turning 30 late last year, when we were approaching the new year then. I definitely failed the checklist of societal's expectation of a 30 year old: not married, still single, no house, still living with parents, no achievements, etc.

But I really think that I am happier and more blessed than most (or at the very least, have the choice to be happy every day), and loved by so many people that it makes no sense for me to want to find and settle on just one guy HAHAHAH

No comments: