Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Frog by Adam Handling
20220511_192342edit

(this is not Adam Handling)

It didn't take me a lot of time to decide on this place for my sole fancy dining quota of the trip. I know I didn't want traditional french, no asian (because no asian food out of asia!!), preferably located in the city centre, and not a white table cloth kind of restaurant. There's a lot of places that tick all these boxes, but hey I made a great choice. 
DSC01411edit

DSC01412edit
Snacks
DSC01413edit
Snack: Charcoal Waffle, Smoked Sturgeon Roe
DSC01414edit
Snack: Cucumber Tart
DSC01415edit
Snack: Coronation Crab
DSC01416edit
Snack: Egg & Caviar
DSC01417edit
Midnight Lemon (mocktail, because I already had 2 drinks before dinner)
DSC01418edit
Bread, Chicken, Butter

Basically just bread with very salty chicken butter, and crispy chicken skin bits. This dish is inspired by his family's lunches or something where his sister would refuse to eat anything else but roast chicken. Or something like that.
DSC01420edit
Chicken Wing Bite.
DSC01421edit
Tomato, Pepper, Basil

This was my favourite dish! The tomato component was in the form of iced tomato water, and the whole dish was so pleasingly savoury and yumz. 
DSC01423edit
All about the Sturgeon

So that's caviar, caviar mousse, and maple syrup served on top of a heart shaped waffle. This was really good too!
DSC01427edit
Scallop, Carrot, Chilli

The scallop was so sweet, though I would prefer it without the pungent chilli jam.
DSC01430edit
Cod, Grape, Lemongrass

This was okayyyyy.
DSC01433edit
Wagyu Beef, Hen of the Woods
DSC01435edit
Palate Cleanser of Rhubarb and Wasted Wine
DSC01436edit
Apricot, Lemon Thyme, Yoghurt

Spot the frog! That's so cute. Love that it wasn't a chocolate dessert because I was so stuffed by then. 
DSC01438edit
Petit Four
DSC01440edit

DSC01441edit

DSC01442edit

20220511_204807edit
And a take-home gift of an Olive Oil Madeleine which I ate for breakfast the next day.
DSC01444edit

I highly recommend this place, though in terms of value for money it still isn't comparable to Chef's Table HAHAHA 

There was only one dish which I didn't really like, the Cod, Grape, Lemongrass dish, and even that wasn't a bad dish in terms of concept and execution. I'm just being picky.

And you get to take home with you a menu autographed by Adam Handling!! LOL honestly I thought it's quite pompous of him to give diners his autograph without even being asked for it, like he just assumes we all want it??

No comments: