Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Fullerton Bay Hotel // Solo Staycation
DSC06891edit


I whisked myself off to a staycation earlier this month to get away from everyone. Work has been really stressful and I'm just at a point where I'm so sick and frustrated with everything.

Fullerton Bay Hotel has been on my bucket list for the longest time but it's pricey AF so it became one of those "one day I'll do it, just not today" kind of thing on my list. 

But lucky for me, they were selling an Idyllic Escapade voucher earlier this month that was a really good deal - so good that they stopped selling it before the stipulated promotion period ended. I'm guessing it's because they only just realised how it doesn't make sense for them LOL. 

I can totally see how they are awarded the top hotel in Singapore by Tripadvisor because damn, their service is just immaculate. I'm the kind of person who is not used to service so I did feel awkward by the (over)attentiveness but that's really just me. I think this is possibly my best three days in 2020.

The occupancy rate seemed low - I almost saw no other guests throughout my entire stay. (The pools were empty and I didn't see any other rooms with the occupied sign on my floor.) Every staff greeted me by my name like YO I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU AND I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER SEEING YOU BEFORE BUT HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME. I don't know if it's just a standard five-star service, or because the occupancy rate was low enough for everyone to know all the guests, but it felt magical anyway. Awkward, but impressive and magical. 

DSC06515edit
The room was huge. I guess I'm just used to 3-star shoe-box sized hotel rooms in general, but omg I could get used to this extravagance
20200903_113515edit

DSC06873edit
The package came with a generous dining credit too! 
20200904_174036edit
I spent so much time at the pool! You have to call the reception to check if there are slots at the pool and gym for you because of social distancing measures - which felt redundant for my stay since I saw no other guests anyway (but I'm a law-abiding person, so I called every time). 

There's a pool attendant that asked where I wanted to chill and laid out a towel over my sun lounger and would come over to check if  I wanted anything to drink every now and then and also offered to take photos for me since I was alone and I was clearly into taking photos since I spent more time snapping photos than actually being in the pool LOL. 

It was amazing. I'm not a pool person but the weather was lovely and it was really comfortable up at the pool deck.
20200904_073334edit
LOOK AT THIS HD VIEW.
20200904_090757edit
Breakfast that morning. I wish it was a buffet because I love breakfast buffets, but I guess we won't be seeing anymore buffets for a while.
DSC06519edit
Lunch in bed while watching TLC yo I'm living the dream
20200904_191622edit2

2020-09-03-092314490

DSC06570edit

DSC06823edit

DSC06831edit
LOOK AT THE VIEW 
20200904_215110edit
Had my first Singapore Sling hahaha it was quite embarrassing to order. I was like "erm can I get a Singapore Sling for the full tourist experience"
20200904_221030edit

DSC06884edit
ALSO, IT WAS FULL MOON NIGHT AND THE MOON WAS IN BETWEEN MBS FOR A WHILE
DSC06916edit
Just look at THE VIEW.
20200905_084108edit

20200905_090144edit
I suppose this amount of chili and anchovies is sufficient for a tourist but hey I'm a local, you need to give me x5 more than this. 
20200905_092803edit
Went to the Merlion on my last morning.
DSC06949edit
It was raining on my last morning which was a major boo because I couldn't use the pool, but this apocalyptic view is pretty cool too.
20200905_101015edit

20200904_162514edit
AND THEY GAVE ME A BEAR! You can easily win my heart with four things: good food, good music, good sex, andddddd a stuffed toy.

So the story is, my bedside table had stains on it, so I brought it up to the reception to request for housekeeping. They were terribly apologetic about it and arranged for housekeeping and offered to change my room, but the stains turned out to be corroded marble stains which they could do nothing about (it seemed like the previous guest spilled wine on the table and didn't clean it up in time), and I rejected the room change since I didn't see a need for one.

And the next afternoon, I got a call while I was taking nap (suffice to say I was a little annoyed to be woken up mid-nap) asking if I could open the door because they had "a little something" for me (they couldn't ring my doorbell because it was set to do not disturb). In my mind I was like "wth this better be worth rousing me from my nap" and I was expecting the "little something" to be some kind of food but YO IT'S A CUTE FULLERTON BEAR!! 

All in all, it was a debaucherous, Crazy Rich Asian-esque staycation which did wonders to my mental health. Can't wait to be back again!

No comments: