Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Kimono Experience
DSC04907edit

That's one off the bucket list now!

Thoughts on my kimono donning experience:
(1) It is heavy. I had a backache after two hours. But I'm not sure if it's because of the weight of the clothing, or the forced posture...
(2) Well yea, forced posture. There's just no way to slouch. I slouch a lot. I am the human form of a slouch bag. 
(3) It's somewhat figure flattering, actually.
(4) There's just no way of taking deep breaths.
(5) My sister and I received several requests to have our photos taken, by tourists. I thought that was kind of amusing, seeing how I am a tourist myself. This reminded me of the experience that one of my friend, a Caucasian, had in Vietnam. He was approached by many locals, throughout his stay, for photos, and that made him feel like a "superstar".  I can't say that I felt like a superstar. In fact, I felt undeserving, because I am definitely not a good representation? Still, what an experience.

DSC04769edit
Struggling to be agile yet graceful.
DSC04801edit
My face of disbelief after catching my first (& only) goldfish LOL
DSC04808edit

DSC05038edit

DSC04744edit

DSC04676edit
Here's a photo of the Tokyo Skytree to cleanse your palette.

No comments: