Monday, December 31, 2018

2018, you ain't too bad.
IMG_1182edit


I got to see Mac (and was nearly smoked to death when everyone lighted a cigarette during Ode to Viceroy).
20180127_184222edit

Tried lots of new things - photograpy class, picked up Barre, pottery class, immersive theatre...
DSC05880edit
Travelled to many new places, and more significantly, did a solo hiking trip to the Faroe Islands!
DSC07055edit

DSC07114edit
It sure was tough AF (flight was cancelled, I fell and broke my camera lens, buses were missed etc) but it was the most satisfying trip ever (well, okay, yet-) and gave me the reaffirmation I needed that YES, I AM A STRONG, INDEPENDENT PERSON WHO CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT BY MYSELF.

Attended the most beautiful and meaningful wedding (also my first wedding invite, other than my sister's back in 2011)
DSC00422edit

Started to wear more risqué clothing because WHY THE HELL NOT.
20181221_213930edit

WENT VEGETARIAN FOR FOUR MONTHS (and I'll be embarking on said sad but beneficial diet again soon)
DSC02738edit

Made new friends and connected with old ones.
IMG-20180114-WA0005

While I'm stepping into the new year as a singleton again, (goddammit) boundaries were explored and discoveries were made.
IMG-20180215-WA0002edit

"Discovery" must be my word of the year; I've learnt so much about myself this year, and it feels amazing.

Here's wishing that 2019 will be a satisfying year for you and me.

Ps:
Favourite track of the year!


Film wise, it's unlike 2017 where there was one standout film which I loved (Raw, which I should rewatch for that push I need to go vegetarian again)

It's a basket of movies which I enjoyed, but can't say that I love. Here's six of them:
- Sorry to Bother You
- Call Me by Your Name
- Dayan (Iranian film by Behrouz Nooranipour)
- Game Night
- I Feel Pretty
- Transit (German film by Christian Petzold)

I haven't been to many gigs this year, and of which, I enjoyed 动力火车 and Laneway the most.

There's not going to be Laneway here in 2019 (sad because the lineup seems great but yay too because every Laneway is a trying experience) but there's lots of great gigs scheduled (Years & Years?! Kodaline?! Honne?! Muse?!)

Bless my old bones.

No comments: