Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Dominique Ansel Bakery (Tokyo)
DSC04514edit
20180409_145217edit
still looking for my soulmate who can have desserts for mains

I have conveniently forgotten all the names (and... taste..?) of the cakes. Here's what I think they are:
DSC04498edit
Pretty like a Magnolia, I call this the Magnolia cake, even if the bakery doesn't. I'm sorry, but I can't remember what it tastes like. But that says a lot about the cake doesn't it; pretty but tastes average. DSC04499edit

This is a Valrhona Chocolate Cake, the staple chocolate cakes that all cakeries offer. I highly suspect it's modeled after the soot sprites in Spirited Away.
DSC04501edit

This pastel globe here was the tastiest out of the 4 cakes we ordered. It's a pistachio cake, super creamy and nutty, just the way I love it.
DSC04503edit
The repertoire of the bakery (right after their famed cronuts): The Frozen S'more. A custard ice cream center that's covered with crispy chocolate wafer chips, torched to order. It's good, but not mind-blowingly good. Similar to a baked alaska in terms of fascination, in my opinion; fascinating to see it burn right before you, but it's really just simple, basic stuff when you dig your spoon in.

No comments: