Thursday, January 18, 2018

Magical Sunsets
DSC01338edit



DSC01294edit
Jökulsárlón
DSC01326edit
does it not look like a painting?!
DSC01345edit

DSC01388
Also, saw northern lights for the first time that same night! It wasn't even intentional. I woke up at about 3 and looked out of the window on the way to the bathroom - I saw "clouds", and a sky full of stars. While my train of thought never makes any sense when I'm just up, strangely, I was clear headed enough that night to put 2 and 2 together: how can the stars be visible if the sky is overcast?

So what I thought were "clouds" were actually the northern lights! They were pretty underwhelming, tbh. They weren't even that green, but that's probably because the ones I saw were pretty weak. Still, a northern light sighting is better than no sighting heheh

That first pic is super blurry because 1) they were taken while I was still in my PJ 2)my hands were shaking because I was excited, and I was cold 3)I did not have time to set up the tripod since I was caught off guard
DSC01406

DSC01474
weak, but still contented hahah

No comments: