Thursday, April 14, 2016

Day 2: Huis Ten Bosch
DSC03783edit




Thank god the weather cleared up on our second day!
DSC03613edit

DSC03614edit
View from the observation tower (the view was nice but the tower itself was crap. We were expecting a 360degree view of the park from the top of the tower but the deck only provided a 150 degree view?! The rest of the sides were walled up, what a waste!)
DSC03617edit

DSC03632edit

DSC03636edit

DSC03641edit

DSC03652edit

DSC03664edit
first of many!
DSC03667edit
Behind the scenes! So much hard work put in for the pretty sight.
DSC03708edit

DSC03722edit

DSC03687edit
Teishoku
DSC03694edit
peep wall at the Thriller City (basically all the haunted house attractions are there)

Anyway, I went to 2 of the houses and barely survived. The first one I went to was called "Ghost Wedding" where we had to find a bell of happiness (or something like that). It was a pretty standard haunted attraction, wasn't too scary (though I did scream a few times because I didn't know what to expect).

The other one I played was the zombie lab and it was scary af

I was basically screaming and shouting "fuck this omg he is fucking coming out from there fuck this shit why isn't there a fucking emergency exit how can I fucking quit omg fuck lah" the whole time.

It wasn't amusing at all. I was scared shitless.

And it didn't help that my sister and I were the only 2 people there LOL so it wasn't like we could "seek shelter" and hide behind other people. It was basically just the 2 of us against the zombie infected lab (giving myself a pat on the back right now for surviving it. You know what? I'll give myself a pat on the back every time I think about this. I DESERVE IT.)

So here's what the game was about: Hold a tablet PC in your hands and start investigating a dark laboratory full of zombies infected by unidentified virus. Find the necessary items while solving the mysteries and be ready to save the doctor! 

It was mad challenging. We had to look for things. Get scared by actors. Shoot damn zombies. Solve puzzles to open the damn door to get out of the place. Get scared by actors again. Shoot more zombies. Get scared.

ok bye.

DSC03697edit

DSC03718edit

DSC03727edit

DSC03737edit

DSC03753edit
I look like a mess. Actually, I was in a mess after I got out of that zombie lab.

The highlight of my time at Huis Ten Bosch was definitely getting to be part of the light up parade. We shameless queued and beat many other kids to board the train. The train will take you around the whole park, accompanied by the many mascots and vehicles. And of course, you are expected to wave to everyone you see.

We were definitely overaged "kids" on the ride. And I did feel a little bit bad when I saw a kid crying because she couldn't get a spot. But then I remembered how I queued for close to an hour to be on it so awww sorry dude.. put in more effort next time then
DSC03772edit
cute dancers leading the pack
DSC03785edit
You can choose to either take the train or ride the bike. Taking the train was the more popular choice, like duh. Riding the bike up and down hill was no mean feat!
DSC03790edit

DSC03805edit

DSC03808edit
Dinner!
DSC03809edit

DSC03810edit

No comments: